Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gophers, Cones and Leaves...Oh My!

I am temporarily using an electric kiln here in the mountains, as I have no place (yet) to place my gas kiln. This has made me make some adjustments to my work schedule and firing habits, among many other considerations. Today I went outside to load the kiln for a bisque firing. I made heart ornaments and pendants and really wanted to get them done for Valentine's Day. Just because. The electric kiln will not fire without a pyrometric cone placed in the "kiln sitter" My cones are gone! I tore the place apart looking and they did not turn up. Maybe a bear ate them? This is a minor tragedy. I broke a bigger cone down to size and inserted it so I could at least start the kiln. Shheesh. I am frustrated. No place up here to go buy more cones. I will have to watch the kiln very carefully, as I do anyway. Hopefully I can get some work done today. 

I am on my 36th bag of leaves raked up from my property. My cabin is a leaf magnate and believe me, I am not picky about leaves. But I do like to walk outside without wading through a pile of them. Just when I think I am finished with it, the wind blows and there they are. 

I think I also may have gophers. My little shiba inu dog, Davie has been digging like a dervish. He might be after something! Or maybe he is just a jerk. Layla has stayed in the yard all week! I am even afraid to write this, perhaps jinx it??? I should by some fairy dust and sprinkle it around and make a wish.   

I am so very tired of being cold. I think someday someone will find me shriveled and dessicated in a corner with all my blankets.

No comments:

Post a Comment