Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!

2012! I have been frantically making pottery. I don't know why except maybe because the weather is good? It is 70 degrees here in Crestline, but I can't tell. It is still very cold in the dungeon.

I had to re-make a pitcher for a customer because unfortunately the handle broke during the shipping process, so I have been making all kinds of pitchers. Big, tiny, tall, skinny, short, and fat. I'm having fun! I also am making cups and all, as well. Just a busy bee.

I have also spent quite a lot of time raking leaves! With the hurricane winds we had a few weeks ago, seems like my cabin is a leaf magnet. All the oaks are bare and I know where the leaves went. I have filled at least 12 bags and haven't made a dent.

I am also starting to paint the cabin. It has not been painted in what looks like 50 years! But weather, etc. may be the cause. I am starting on the bottom parts that I can reach, and will hire someone for the ladder work. No way am I getting on a two story ladder! I chose a brown color to blend with the surrounding area. Maybe someday I will paint it red....

I am just now deciding which shows to do in the coming year, and will have a list soon. Meanwhile, if you are ever on the mountain here, I have my work at Timberline in the Glen, a store in Cedar Glen and of course on etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment