Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Continuing Saga of the Refugee Dogs

My dogs got out twice today. Dave digs a hole under the fence and gets his skinny little nose between the rebar that has been pounded in place under the chain link. Then Layla takes over and makes her escape...but today I was vigilant, interrupting my work. It was too quiet out there so I checked on them and caught the act! I spent lots of time filling in holes and pounding in more rebar. Layla knows she is bad, she hides under my bed. Dave is wholly unrepentant and thinks it is his right to dig, maybe it is. Stella is the police, when they are caught, she tries to punish them. What a scene.




I finished painting a load of pots today and will fire the kiln tomorrow. I wanted to throw some "butter boxes" today.(my teller at the bank is from England and requested I make one!) I made five and will finish the lids and knobs for them tomorrow. I also threw 2 platters and I hope the will not freeze and crack.

I have been helping my handyman paint my cabin. It is 90% done. Yippee! I never want to paint trim again. I don't like that kind of painting. But, I painted a "mural" on the inside of the dungeon door...a bird on a branch. There are no windows in the studio so perhaps this will make it seem there is one.

I have not left the house for days now, so don't have any wide world news. Except my sister Cathleen bought a new Subaru Forester . I have not seen it yet and I want to go for a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment